Buyer - Bolton
Date posted: 10/07/18
The Glazerite UK Group is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
We are a growing business and are looking for a talented Buyer to join our purchasing team in Bolton. This exciting opportunity will allow the candidate to progress and develop into the role over time.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and developing relationships with both new and existing suppliers
- Working in time to meet production demands
- Managing supplier invoices and resolving queries in agreed time-scales
- Assisting with the management of returns and credits
- Raising purchase orders and transforms for low stock items, consumables, and raw materials etc. which can appear on stock warnings and purchase requisitions
- Checking up to date lead times from Suppliers and updating accordingly
- General office duties including; filing, following up outstanding orders, checking order acknowledgements and using the telephone
- Usage checks for stock
- Monitoring suppliers' performance and updating all information on current suppliers
- Following the Company Policy and Procedures to the highest standard
- Any other duties deemed to be necessary for the needs of the business
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Previous experience of buying and dealing with suppliers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programmes and have intermediate knowledge of excel
- The ability to be flexible and provide cover for all tasks when other members of the Purchasing team are absent
- 1 year of experience in a similar role is essential
Please send your CV and covering letter to HR@glazerite.net
DOWNLOAD THIS VACANCY AS A PDF
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process.
Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collect will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign with your agreement, expect where you are offered a job with the Company.