Group Technical Services Manager - Wellingborough
Date posted: 17/05/18
Location: Main base will be at our head office in Wellingborough, travel between Glazerite sites and to customers across the country will be required. Opportunity to also work from home when is convenient.
Salary: Negotiable, dependant on experience.
Contact: Full-Time, Permanent
Benefits: Holidays - 30 days inclusive of bank holidays (rising to 33, with service) Healthcare package, company car, mobile phone and laptop will also be provided for the role.
As "G17 Fabricator of the year" and the largest fabricator and supplier of VEKA UK Group products to trade, we have gained a reputation of which we can be proud. We are committed to changing the face of the industry into one we can all be proud of in the future. Our drive to provide one of the most comprehensive product ranges in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers is what sets us apart.
To help us achieve our immediate and longer term goals we are looking for an excellent candidate to join our team in the role of Group Technical Services Manager, based in Wellingborough. With a wealth of knowledge and experience in uPVC frames, windows, doors and conservatories our team are on hand to support you in the role. If you think you can rise to the challenge and would like to join our team we'd like to hear from you.
- Source and oversee the introduction of new products or improvements in conjunction with the Directors and suppliers.
- Provide technical support to all departments at all sites.
- Assist with product training when required.
- Assist QA Manager in ensuring products conform to all applicable standards, and oversee preparation for testing.
- Work with suppliers to ensure standards are maintained and components are suitable for their application.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding quality or technical issues as they arise.
- Source alternative components for one off projects, or when otherwise required.
- Offer telephone support and assistance regarding product, component, manufacturing and installation issues.
- Offer on-site assistance where problems occur that the customer is unable or unwilling to rectify.
- Manage Service Engineers (presently 2 employees) and oversee scheduling of service visits.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
Key skills required
- Experienced in a similar role within the window industry (essential).
- Literate, numerate, and able to communicate with customers, colleagues and suppliers at all levels.
- Logical, with good problem solving capability.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
Mechanical Engineering or Design experience and qualifications would be advantageous.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, forward an up to date copy of your CV for consideration to email@example.com.
DOWNLOAD THIS VACANCY AS A PDF
The Glazerite UK Group
39-43 Rixon Road, Finedon Ind. Estate
Wellingborough, Northants, NN8 4BA
T. (01933) 443222