Apprentice Purchasing Assistant - Bolton
Date posted: 31/07/20
The Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 230 people.
We are looking to recruit a new Apprentice Purchasing Assistant to join our team based at our site in Horwich, Bolton.
The successful candidate will be working for our Purchasing team to learn about and assist in duties throughout the department and effectively manage paperwork received in the purchasing office.
- To match invoices with relevant purchase order(s) and delivery note(s) ensuring all prices are correct.
- To check order confirmations and file away using the Company’s system.
- To chase through any anomalies with suppliers, price discrepancies, incorrect delivery dates and take the relevant steps to have these corrected whilst avoiding disruption to flow of production.
- Match delivery notes with relevant paperwork and book into stock when required.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to be flexible with their workload.
- Basic computer skills and/or willingness to be trained.
- No specific qualifications or experience are necessary for this role, but the candidate is expected to be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
- As an Apprentice, the candidate will be required to undertake an Apprenticeship course, details of which will be discussed and agreed with the successful candidate.
- Health Care Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
Job Type: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £175.00 /week
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.