Despatch Operative/QC Inspector - Peterborough
Date posted: 02/02/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Despatch Operative/Quality Control Inspector to join our team based in Peterborough. The successful candidate will be responsible for the effective checking and loading of delivery items onto the vehicles so that they are received on time and fit for purpose.
- To inspect and ensure that the quality of our products are made to the high standard our customers expect prior to loading.
- To load the lorries safely and efficiently to ensure deliveries leave on time and arrive with the customer when expected.
- Scan all manufactured items before loading.
- Liaise with colleagues in other departments to progress chasing missing items for delivery.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Ability to withstand heavy lifting and loading as this forms a large part of the role.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organised and thorough.
- Flexible and self-motivated in their approach to work.
- Good team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude to work.
- Good time-keeping and attendance.
- Previous experience of working within the UPVC window and door manufacturing industry would be desirable, but is not essential.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
- Weekly paid. An unsocial hours’ shift allowance of 10% will be paid in addition to the hourly rate.
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, 3:30pm until midnight, Monday to Friday.
- 20 minute paid break in addition to a 30 minute unpaid break.
- In the first 2 weeks of employment, the successful candidate will be required to attend training for the role on the Dayshift (7:00am until 3:30pm).
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.