Despatch Supervisor - Wellingborough
Glazerite UK Group Ltd are a nationwide leading fabricator of uPVC windows and doors. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a new Despatch Supervisor to join our Backshift team based in Wellingborough.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that collections and deliveries are made as effectively as possible with regard to cost, efficiency and legal requirements.
- Monitor and track collections and deliveries, resolving any issues and referring them to the manager where appropriate.
- Plan and co-ordinate all loading, ensuring that staff are trained effectively and oversee that despatch vehicles are ready on time.
- Monitor shared email boxes and respond accordingly.
- Monitor and manage all daily system reports supplied to the department.
- Answer calls and take ownership of any queries, ensuring that they are dealt with within a reasonable timescale.
- Complete any KPI’s and reports requested in a detailed and accurate manner.
- Assist in the locating and loading of customer orders.
- Ensure all items are scanned and entered into our in-house system.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, in line with company procedures.
- The role holder may be required to undertake driving duties from time to time e.g. to collect a driver of a broken vehicle, or to pick up an item etc.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Competent and confident IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Systems and the ability to learn other systems as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Competent at reading and writing.
- Good communication skills via telephone and email.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to balance and prioritise their workload.
- Able to work unsupervised with the confidence to raise issues and ask questions.
- Flexible with hours when required.
- Ideally, the role holder will have knowledge and previous experience of a similar role in a similar environment. However, this is not essential as training will be provided.
- There are no specific qualifications required for the job, although it is expected that the role holder will be able to drive.