Electrical/Mechanical Site Maintenance Engineer - Wellingborough
Date posted: 17/12/21
We are currently looking to recruit a new Electrical/Mechanical Site Maintenance Engineer to join our team based in Wellingborough. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that site machinery is maintained in good working order and repairs are made in a timely fashion with minimum disruption to production. This role incorporates reactive maintenance together with PPM in accordance with a programmed schedule. All work must adhere to current legislation and regulations.
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry who have gone from strength to strength in the 21 years’ we have been open for business. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We are presently going through an exciting period of change which will enable the Company to move forward into its next generation, building on the Company’s existing values and commitment to continually improve our processes, provide consistent quality and outstanding service in all aspects of our work.
- Electrical and Mechanical diagnostics, maintenance (reactive and PPM) and repair of all site machinery in Wellingborough. This includes specialist production machines.
- Respond to machinery breakdowns as required by the Production Manager/Supervisors, ensuring the minimum downtime of machinery.
- Maintaining all services of the site, including: electrical reticulation, lighting, heating and air reticulation of offices, factory and outbuildings.
- Assuring Company quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all work carried out adheres to current Legislation and Regulations.
- Carry out modifications and installations as necessary.
- Rectify faults in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide feedback to the Production Manager, including any outstanding work and unavailable machinery.
- Maintain machinery spares to prevent excessive downtime.
- General site maintenance.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the business.
- Liaise with contractors and suppliers.
- Carry out project work as required.
- Assist with Health and Safety procedures.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Multi-skilled with knowledge and experience in electrical engineering.
- Good mechanical knowledge, including pneumatics.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Confident at diagnosing faults on PLC and PC/CNC automated machinery and general mechanical and pneumatic equipment.
- Ability to prioritise jobs and minimise downtime.
- A willingness to learn.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Previous experience in a production maintenance role is essential.
- Previous experience in the fenestration industry is desirable, but not essential.
- 17th / 18th edition qualified.
- Must be qualified to a minimum of ONC/City & Guilds or equivalent in electrical or electro-mechanical engineering.
- Fully competent on the current Legislation and Regulations to carry out the work necessary.
- Healthcare Cash Plan and Employee Assistant Programme.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Attendance bonus.
- Christmas bonus.
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- There is a possibility of some weekend/bank holiday work for essential repair, maintenance and installation.
- All additional out of hours work will be pre-planned and agreed with the Operations Manager beforehand.