Field Service Engineer - Bolton
Date posted: 22/11/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry who have gone from strength to strength in the 21 years’ we have been open for business. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We are currently looking for a new Field Service Engineer to join our team based in Horwich, Bolton. The successful candidate will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving problems with products and deliver a prompt and effective onsite repairs service of the full range of Glazerite products.
- Diagnose problems, complete repairs and resolve issues with the products.
- Completing reports.
- Liaising with the customer and relevant colleagues at Glazerite as required.
- Resolving any issues with the customer onsite as necessary.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- This role consists of regular travel. The role holder will therefore be required to travel to the relevant geographical area to attend customer sites.
- Occasional overnight stays may be required.
- Able to work flexible Hours.
- Good technical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers and colleagues.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to diagnose problems and resolve them promptly and accurately to a high standard.
- Computer literate.
- Product specific training will be provided where required.
- Experience as a service engineer with similar products; experience of VEKA products would be an advantage.
- Driving Licence is essential for this role.
- Healthcare Cash Plan and Employee Assistance Programme.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Attendance bonus.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
Glazerite is committed to equal opportunities for its employees and job applicants. The Company does not discriminate on the grounds of any of the nine protected characteristics specified in the Equality Act 2010, or any other ground on which it is or it becomes unlawful to discriminate under the laws of England and Wales.
By applying for a job with Glazerite, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process including your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, and nationality (required by law). The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company. We carefully protect the security of personal information you provide.