Goods In Operative - Wellingborough
Date posted: 03/11/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry who have gone from strength to strength in the 21 years’ we have been open for business. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We are presently going through an exciting period of change which will enable the Company to move forward into its next generation, building on the Company’s existing values and commitment to continually improve our processes, provide consistent quality and outstanding service in all aspects of our work.
We are currently looking for a new Goods In Operative to join our Goods In team based in Wellingborough and help us continue our adventure. If you can offer the following and you think this sounds like the Company for you, we would love to hear from you.
- Member of a small team, reporting to the Goods Inward Supervisor.
- Unloading, checking and putting away deliveries.
- Reporting damaged or missing parts.
- Keeping the stock across stores and the yard tidy and organised to ensure it is a safe environment.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Flexible and self-motivated in their approach to work.
- Good team player.
- Good communication skills.
- Positive attitude to work.
- Good time-keeping and attendance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to complete the outdoor parts of this role in all weathers.
- Ability to pick and carry long lengths of stock over an extended period.
- Previous experience of working in a yard or goods inward role is preferred.
- A valid counterbalance forklift licence is essential for this role.
- A Combi forklift licence is beneficial, but not essential.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee
Hours of work:
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- 20 minute paid morning break, 30 minute unpaid lunch break.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.