IT Systems Administrator - Wellingborough
Date posted: 06/09/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry who have gone from strength to strength in the 21 years’ we have been open for business. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for someone that is interested in IT. We are looking to recruit a new IT Systems Administrator to assist and support the IT Team in the daily maintenance and administration of core IT systems and support internal users and customers. We are looking for a person who can thrive in a pressured environment, but who is willing to learn new skills. Our aim for the right person is for them to become proficient in maintaining, and ultimately be able to support and develop all aspects of the businesses IT systems.
- To provide first and second line IT support and business system administration.
- Taking calls from internal customers in a professional manor with focus on customer service.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for enquiries, resolving issues or escalating them as appropriate.
- Supporting bespoke production machinery systems and hardware.
- Completing administration tasks on our bespoke order processing software.
- Following documented procedures to update and configure software applications.
- Working with service providers to seek support where required.
- Representing the IT team professionally.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with individuals at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as the successful candidate will be expected to communicate effectively via email, telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Confidence, a high level of motivation and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Methodical and logical approach to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Ability to work well under pressure and collaboratively with others.
- A strong interest in IT support, services and business systems.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- Desire to further their skillset and take on a qualification.
The following are desirable but not essential
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of operating within an ITIL framework.
- Outsourcing and supplier relationship management experience.
- An interest in researching new technologies.
- Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s grade 4/C and above including maths, English and ICT (or equivalent).
- The job holder will have the opportunity to undertake an NVQ level 2 / 3 in a relevant IT subject which will be agreed with the successful candidate in line with courses available, the needs of the job and their own interests.
- £15,000 to £18,000 per year, dependent on experience.
Glazerite is committed to equal opportunities for its employees and job applicants. The Company does not discriminate on the grounds of any of the nine protected characteristics specified in the Equality Act 2010, or any other ground on which it is or it becomes unlawful to discriminate under the laws of England and Wales. By applying for a job with Glazerite, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process including your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, and nationality (required by law). The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company. We carefully protect the security of personal information you provide.