Production Apprentice - Bolton
Date posted: 17/08/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd. is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry who have gone from strength to strength in the 21 years’ we have been open for business. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We are presently going through an exciting period of change which will enable the Company to move forward into its next generation, building on the Company’s existing values and commitment to continually improve our processes, provide consistent quality and outstanding service in all aspects of our work.
We are looking to recruit three new Production Apprentices to join our manufacturing team based at our site in Horwich, Bolton. This opportunity will provide the candidate with the skills, knowledge and experience to become a successful UPVC Windows and Doors Fabricator whilst working towards completing their Level 2 Fenestration Fabrication qualification.
- Learn how to fabricate windows and doors in accordance with the specifications set out by the various system suppliers.
- Follow Fabrication/Assembly manuals from the onset to completion.
- Learn techniques to enable you to fabricate the product to a high standard that meets our client’s requirements.
- Confidently and competently use hand/power tools and machinery in accordance with the Health and Safety regulations.
- General housekeeping and work area cleanliness.
- Loading, unloading and general labouring.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Strong practical skills and high attention to detail.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to pick and carry tools/materials.
- Ability to withstand working in all weather conditions as parts of this role will be based outdoors.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Enthusiastic and committed in their attitude to work.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- No specific qualifications or experience are necessary for this role, but the candidate is expected to be able to follow verbal and written instructions, and be able to measure and make calculations.
- Health Care Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
Glazerite is committed to equal opportunities for its employees and job applicants. The Company does not discriminate on the grounds of any of the nine protected characteristics specified in the Equality Act 2010, or any other ground on which it is or it becomes unlawful to discriminate under the laws of England and Wales.
By applying for a job with Glazerite, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process including your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, and nationality (required by law). The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company. We carefully protect the security of personal information you provide.