Production & Operations Assistant - Wellingborough
Date posted: 10/11/21
The Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 275 people.
We are a growing business and are currently looking for a new Production and Operations Assistant/Apprentice to join our team based in Wellingborough. We will be considering applicants both with and without any prior experience for this role.
The successful candidate is expected to have an interest in learning more about production and show a commitment to supporting the Company in delivering a high-quality service.
If an Apprentice is appointed for this role, we will support the achievement of an appropriate qualification via an apprenticeship provider.
To undertake a range of admin duties in respect of production activities including:
- Organising planners for a range of products such as composites/Georgian and welded cills.
- Generating paperwork for welded cills/remakes/shapes/extras and ancills.
- Logging of internal remakes.
- De-scanning items.
- Adding notes to jobs.
- Releasing batches.
- Ensuring the saws have the correct paperwork.
- Dealing with administrative work relating to NCRs for production, ancillaries and extras, and ensuring that they are correctly allocated to the relevant supervisor and properly signed off before closure.
- Using the computerised batching module to ensure parts are remade in a timely and organised manner.
- To ensure the Production Manager is kept informed of any difficulties or problems.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company. In particular, other duties as delegated from time to time by the Production Manager or any other person designated in their absence.
The following skills and knowledge are essential:
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with managers and factory staff.
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Competent in Microsoft Office products and comfortable with IT systems generally: the job holder will be expected to learn the Company’s bespoke systems.
- Highly organised approach to work and ability to prioritise duties.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee
Glazerite is committed to equal opportunities for its employees and job applicants. The Company does not discriminate on the grounds of any of the nine protected characteristics specified in the Equality Act 2010, or any other ground on which it is or it becomes unlawful to discriminate under the laws of England and Wales. By applying for a job with Glazerite, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process including your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, and nationality (required by law). The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company. We carefully protect the security of personal information you provide.