Production Senior Supervisor - Bolton
Date posted: 05/02/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Senior Supervisor to join our team based in Horwich, Bolton. The successful candidate will be working with the Production Manager and be responsible for the effective organisation and supervision of their team and ensuring day to day priorities and production targets are met.
- Ensuring that the daily/weekly production targets are met and completed within the planned time scale.
- Ensuring that the team start and leave their workplace at the stipulated times.
- Managing absenteeism in accordance with the Bradford Factor Scoring System and conducting return to work interviews.
- Ensuring that the team organises and cleans their workplace.
- Ensuring that deliveries are achieved as per the production schedule.
- Training team members.
- Communication with the shop floor and visual management.
- Reducing costs in processes.
- Identifying maintenance problems and issuing maintenance requests.
- Enforcing and managing the wearing of PPE and Health and Safety rules.
- It is essential that the candidate has a minimum of 2-3 years previous experience within a similar/Supervisory role.
- Excellent coaching, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to lead a team in addition to being a team player.
- Excellent leadership skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing UPVC Window and Door industry is preferred, but not essential.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, 7:00am until 3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.