Purchasing Assistant - Bolton
Date posted: 06/01/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd. is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
If you think you can rise to the challenge and would like to join our team as a Purchasing Assistant, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to our purchasing department assisting with the management of various materials/items along with designated day to day tasks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Raising purchase orders in correspondence with production demands.
- Raising and sending bespoke order forms in compliance with customer(s) required delivery.
- Using bespoke systems to ensure all delayed deliveries are chased through and updated accordingly.
- Competently managing returns to suppliers in order to receive owed credits.
- Ensuring all work is completed in a timely manner, in line with company SLA's.
- Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing suppliers.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Competent IT skills.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Keen and willing to learn.
- Numerate and literate.
- Ability to balance and prioritise workload.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.