Site Maintenance Engineer - Bolton
Date posted: 09/10/20
We are currently looking to recruit a new Site Maintenance Engineer to join our team based in Horwich, Bolton. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that site machinery is maintained in good working order and repairs are made in a timely fashion with minimum disruption to production. All work must adhere to current legislation and regulations.
The Glazerite UK Group Limited is a leading trade supplier of VEKA and Halo Windows, Doors and Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers and have gained a reputation of which we can be proud. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
- Diagnostics, maintenance and repair of all site machinery at Bolton.
- Respond to machinery breakdowns as required by the Production Manager/Supervisors, ensuring the minimum downtime of machinery.
- Assuring Company quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure all work carried out adheres to current Legislation and Regulations.
- Carry out modifications and installations as necessary.
- Provide feedback to the Production Manager, including any outstanding work and unavailable machinery.
- Maintain machinery spares to prevent excessive downtime.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the business.
- Liaise with contractors when on site.
- Carry out project work as required.
- Assist with Health and Safety procedures.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Multi-skilled with knowledge and experience in electrical engineering.
- Good mechanical knowledge, including pneumatics.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge of PLC fault finding.
- Ability to prioritise jobs and minimise downtime.
- A willingness to learn.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Previous experience in the fenestration industry is desirable, but not essential.
- 17th / 18th edition qualified.
- Fully competent on the current Legislation and Regulations to carry out the work necessary.
- Health Care Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 per year, dependent on experience.
Hours of work: 42.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Overtime – There is a possibility of some weekend/bank holiday overtime for essential repair, maintenance and installation. All overtime will be pre-planned and agreed with the Operations Manager beforehand.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.