Yard Operative - Bolton
Date posted: 16/04/21
Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
We are currently looking to recruit a new Yard Operative to join our expanding team based in Horwich, Bolton. In this role, the successful candidate will work closely with both purchasing and production, ensuring that all stock received on delivery is checked off correctly and stored appropriately in the designated area. They will work together to ensure all stock required for production is picked and stored away inside to enable a continuous work flow.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained and racks are full.
- Taking deliveries of goods into the yard, and ensure they are checked off in an accurate and timely manner.
- Unloading wagons; ensuring loads are safe and goods deliveries match paperwork.
- Picking material for Production as required.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and tidy work environment.
- Organising waste skips as required.
- Assisting with stock checks.
- May be required to work additional (overtime) hours when necessary. However, overtime is not guaranteed.
- Put stock/materials away.
- Assisting with stock control and keeping the office informed of any low levels.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent housekeeping skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Computer work may be introduced; therefore, IT skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or a relevant qualification would be welcome, but is not essential.
- Previous experience driving a Combi side loader is desirable.
- Healthcare Cash Plan.
- On-site parking.
- 22 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), rising with service.
- Subsidised tea and coffee.
To keep our employees as safe as possible, we carry out social distancing measures, temperature checks and have hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks available for all staff to use. Arrangements are kept constantly under review.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.