Despatch Supervisor - Bolton
Date Posted: 15/4/19
Job Type: Full-time
We are currently looking for a Despatch Supervisor to join our team based in Horwich (Bolton).
The Glazerite UK Group Limited is a leading trade supplier of VEKA and Halo Windows, Doors and Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers and have gained a reputation of which we can be proud. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ over 250 people.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that collections and deliveries are made as effectively as possible with regard to cost, efficiency and legal requirements.
- Plan and co-ordinate transport routes (predominantly throughout the UK), taking account of cost, time efficiencies and availability of drivers and vehicles.
- Monitor and track collections and deliveries, resolving any issues and referring them to the manager where appropriate.
- Plan and co-ordinate all loading, ensuring that staff are trained effectively and oversee that despatch vehicles are ready on time.
- Monitor shared email boxes and respond accordingly.
- Monitor and manage all daily system reports supplied to the department.
- Answer calls and take ownership of any queries, ensuring that they are dealt with within a reasonable timescale.
- Complete any KPI’s and reports requested in a detailed and accurate manner.
- Monitor Load weights to ensure that they are within the legal guidelines, and take required action in response to any concerns.
- Assist in the locating and loading of customer orders.
- Ensure all items are scanned and entered into our in-house system.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, in line with company procedures.
- The role holder may be required to undertake driving duties from time to time e.g. to collect a driver of a broken vehicle, or to pick up an item etc.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Competent and confident IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Systems and the ability to learn other systems as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Competent at reading and writing.
- Good communication skills via telephone and email.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- The ability to balance and prioritise their workload.
- Able to work unsupervised with the confidence to raise issues and ask questions.
- Flexible with hours when required.
- Ideally, the role holder will have knowledge and previous experience of a similar role in a similar environment. However, this is not essential as training will be provided.
· There are no specific qualifications required for the job, although it is expected that the role holder will be able to drive.
Please send your CV to [email protected]
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.