Health and Safety Manager
Date posted: 08/01/19
The Glazerite UK Group Ltd. is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ in the region of 250 people.
We are looking for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to develop and maintain a positive Health and Safety culture across all Glazerite sites, working with colleagues at all levels of the business, ensuring compliance with legislation and HSE requirement and minimising risk.
- Ensure the Company complies with health and safety related legislation, regulations and guidance issued by the Health and Safety Executive and any other relevant requirements.
- Create, review, maintain and update all of the Company's health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure all employees, supervisors and managers and any visiting third parties are aware of their responsibilities in respect of health and safety and carry them out effectively.
- Develop, review and deliver high quality health and safety training and maintain individual records of health and safety related training.
- Ensure that health and safety audits are carried out on existing and new working practices and that appropriate risk assessments are in place and kept up to date and implement any action needed.
- Ensure accidents and injuries in the workplace are investigated, dealt with and recorded properly and in line with legislative requirements.
- Ensure the correct PPE is provided, used properly at all times and that worn out or broken items are replaced promptly.
- Proactively identify potential and actual health and safety issues and take prompt action to resolve them.
- Positively lead and promote a culture of health, safety and wellbeing of all the Company’s employees, workers, contractors and visitors, as well as advise and make recommendations for improvements to senior management.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- Regular travel between Glazerite sites (currently Wellingborough, Bolton, Peterborough and Bristol)
- Pro-active and hands on approach to health, safety and environmental issues
- Positive presence on the factory floor
- Confidence to challenge poor practice and to support workplace improvements
- Friendly, approachable and eager to get involved with the day to day operations
- Consultative and supportive approach to resolving issues.sound understanding of workplace ergonomics, particularly as it relates to manufacturing environment.
- Previous exposure to a similar manufacturing environment is required.
- Willing and able to travel regularly between sites
- NEBOSH Certificate (and ideally NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ Level 4 in Occupational Health and Safety)
- Knowledge of RIDDOR and COSHH regulations
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your CV to [email protected] to apply for this role.
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.