IT Assistant - Wellingborough
Job posted: 12/08/19
The Glazerite UK Group Ltd. is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ over 250 people.
We have a great new role available for someone interested in IT. We are looking to recruit an IT Assistant/Apprentice to assist and support the IT Team to assist in the daily maintenance of core IT systems and support internal users and customers. We are looking for a person who can thrive in a pressured environment, but who is willing to learn new skills. Our aim for the right person is to have them proficient in maintaining and ultimately able to support and develop all aspects of the businesses IT systems.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the IT Assistant will assist and support the IT Team in the daily maintenance of core IT systems and support internal users and customers.
- Maintaining and updating the intranet technical library
- Providing first line IT system support and logging.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for enquiries, resolving issues or escalating them as appropriate.
- System maintenance and supervision. The Company uses a variety of systems which the job holder will learn in the role.
- Responsible for maintaining the Company’s IT systems.
- General Administration and support for IT team as and when required.
We are looking for a person who can thrive in a pressured environment, but who is willing to learn new skills. Our aim for the right person is for them to become proficient in maintaining, and ultimately able to support and develop, all aspects of the businesses IT systems.
- A strong interest in IT in the fenestration industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. The apprentice will be expected to communicate effectively via email, telephone, face to face and in writing.
- Ability to learn new systems and processes and to work with them.
- Good attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- A highly organised approach to their work and the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Confidence, a high level of motivation and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
The following are desirable but not essential
- Experience of Business Micros Evolution suite of software, Microsoft Office or a programming language.
- A fenestration background, with a good technical understanding of the manufacturing processes.
- Some out of hours (normally with prior notice) work may be required, so a flexible approach to working hours is desirable.
- Some off-site may be required, so a clean, full driving licence would be desirable.
Ideally a minimum 5 GCSE’s C/4 and above including maths, English and ICT (or equivalent) The job holder will have the opportunity to undertake an NVQ level 2 / 3 in a relevant IT subject which will be agreed with the successful candidate in line with courses available, the needs of the job and their own interests.
Job Type: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, Hours are 7:30am to 4pm though flexibility in working hours is preferred.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £16,000.00 to £18,000.00 /year