Maintenance Engineer - Wellingborough
Date posted: 14/06/19
The Glazerite UK Group Limited is a leading trade supplier of VEKA and Halo Windows, Doors and Conservatories to the fenestration industry. We manufacture one of the widest product portfolios in the industry with an excellent support package for all of our installers and have gained a reputation of which we can be proud. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ over 250 people.
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the Maintenance Engineer (Windows/Doors Industry) ensures, with the Senior Engineer, that site machinery is maintained in good working order and repairs are made in a timely fashion with minimum disruption to production. All work must adhere to current legislation and regulations.
- Diagnostics, repair and maintenance of site machinery at Wellingborough and Peterborough, with a strong focus on first time fix.
- Assisting in the continuous improvement of production and machinery Maintaining machinery spares.
- Liaising with contractors when on site.
- Assisting in project work when required.
- Providing an effective handover to the Senior Engineer.
- Other relevant duties as reasonably required by the Company.
- The role holder is required to travel to Glazerite sites based in Wellingborough and Peterborough when necessary.
- The role holder should be a multi skilled Engineer with knowledge and ideally experience in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, PPM and manufacturing engineering
- Logical approach to fault finding.
- Knowledge of planned maintenance.
- Ability to work autonomously and be flexible.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Sound knowledge of current relevant legislation and regulations and the ability to apply them to the workplace
Ideally the role holder will be qualified to a minimum of C&G level 3 / NVQ level 3 / ONC within an engineering discipline however the Company will also consider those without qualifications but with relevant experience.
- Job type – Full time / permanent
- Shift time – 1030 to 1900
- Hours – 42 ½ per week
- Overtime – Possibility of some planned maintenance and repair.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £33,000 to £35,000 /year
Please send your CV to [email protected] to apply for this role.