Payroll/Accounts Clerk - Wellingborough
Date Posted 10/01/19
The Glazerite UK Group Ltd is a leading trade supplier of VEKA & Halo Windows, Doors & Conservatories to the fenestration industry. Across our sites in Wellingborough, Peterborough, Bolton & Bristol we currently employ over 250 people.
We are currently recruiting for a Payroll/Accounts Clerk to join our expanding team based in Wellingborough. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining the debtors’ ledger, ensuring monies owed are collected and accounted for accurately, processing weekly payroll in full and posting invoices and credits to the purchase ledger.
Key Responsibilities of the Payroll / Accounts Clerk:
- Chase overdue invoices by telephone, email & letter within agreed timescales.
- Maintain accurate records of all chasing activity, ensure that debts are paid in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate advice on invoice queries, respond promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries.
- Receive and post payments to ledger, allocate as required, and maintain the debtors’ ledger.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Send out monthly customer statements/letters/e-mails as required.
- Maintain and update accurately calculate/update weekly payroll information using Sage Payroll.
- Deal with payroll queries proactively and in liaison with HR Dept.
- Post invoices and credits to purchase ledger; bank and credit card receipts to sales ledger for Glazerite North West.
- Provide cover for other accounting functions as requested.
- Other duties as reasonably required by the Company in particular other duties as delegated from time to time by the Finance Director or any other person designated in their absence.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are essential:
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- Accomplished in handling Sage Payroll
- Ability to reconcile accounts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes
- Calm, confident manner
- Highly organised approach to work and ability to prioritise duties
- Flexible and adaptable
Glazerite collects both professional and personal data about you to help in the recruitment process. This data consists of information such as your name, contact numbers, address, e-mail address, work and education history, plus your nationality which we are required to collect by law. We process this personal data as necessary to aid the recruitment process. Glazerite carefully protects the security of personal information you provide. By applying for a job with us, you confirm that you understand and acknowledge that we will collect and process your data in connection with the recruitment process. The data collected will not be retained following the end of the recruitment campaign without your agreement, except where you are offered a job with the Company.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this role send your CV to [email protected].